USA FIT East Bay members are just like you. Most get involved because they know it’s time to finally get in shape, and for many, that means doing something really different in their lives. They know they have to challenge themselves to step beyond the status quo, because without some accountability and guidance, their efforts might fall flat. Some of our participants are new to running, while others have been doing this for quite some time. But no matter what the individual stories, all share one goal: to get fit and have fun doing it.
USA FIT East Bay runners form the backbone of our membership. Whether preparing for the full or the half marathon distance, runners all receive weekly educational seminars, a schedule specifically designed for their ability level, an online support forum, and more. All Saturday runs will be done alongside other members of your similar ability, so no one trains alone, and it is a great time to meet new friends.
The program’s general format is as follows:
- Before each Saturday run, members will come together for the week’s announcements and to hear a short educational talk on key training topics designed to prepare runners for their goal race.
- Members participate in an organized training run each Saturday morning with runners of similar training paces.
- Our Saturday group runs are held at different east bay locations including many of the area’s beautiful paved trails. For variety, we meet weekly at different locations primarily in San Ramon, Danville, Dublin, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Concord, and Livermore.
- Members follow a schedule of mid-week training. This training is built with busy lifestyles in mind, so they keep members moving toward their goals while requiring only a moderate amount of time. Training schedules are posted each week on our website.
- As we progress throughout the training season and our Saturday runs get longer, we begin to start earlier to beat the heat of the day.