USA FIT East Bay runners form the backbone of our membership. Whether preparing for the full or the half marathon distance, runners all receive weekly educational seminars, a schedule specifically designed for their ability level, an online support forum, and more. All Saturday runs will be done alongside other members of your similar ability, so no one trains alone, and it is a great time to meet new friends.
USA Fit East Bay is excited to announce our FALL 2019 goal race, the Berkeley Half Marathon! Race date is, November 27, 2019! Although the majority of our members will participate in the team goal race, some just join to run with the group for fitness or to meet new friends. You can also use this training for another fall season race, or to build up your running base as preparation for our 2020 full and half marathon training program.
For those new to running, or returning to running after a period of time, can take part in our run/walk pace group which will use timed run/walk intervals to build endurance. Experienced half marathoners can set a new PR goal and follow our advanced training schedule. We welcome all ability levels.
USA Fit East Bay's 16 week training program for the half marathon distance will begin Saturday, July 27th, 2019 at 8am at Osage Park in Danville.
The program’s general format is as follows:
- Before each Saturday run, members will come together for the week’s announcements and to hear a short educational talk on key training topics designed to prepare runners for their goal race.
- Members participate in an organized training run each Saturday morning with runners of similar training paces.
- Our Saturday group runs are held at different east bay locations including many of the area’s beautiful paved trails. For variety, we meet weekly at different locations primarily in San Ramon, Danville, Dublin, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Concord, and Livermore.
- Members follow a schedule of mid-week training. This training is built with busy lifestyles in mind, so they keep members moving toward their goals while requiring only a moderate amount of time. Training schedules are posted each week on our website.
- As we progress throughout the training season and our Saturday runs get longer, we begin to start earlier to beat the heat of the day.
Click here to register online now. New member registration is $130.