USA FIT East Bay runners form the backbone of our membership. Whether preparing for the full or the half marathon distance, runners all receive weekly educational seminars, a schedule specifically designed for their ability level, an online support forum, and more. All Saturday runs will be done alongside other members of your similar ability, so no one trains alone, and it is a great time to meet new friends.
USA Fit East Bay is excited to announce our 2019 goal race, The Oakland Marathon! Race date is March 24, 2019 and offers a half and full marathon, and also a cool "We Run The Town Challenge" - Run the Bank of the West 5K at 7:30 am and then run the Half- Marathon at 9:30 am to earn yourself a special bib, an extra medal and a reason to say We Run The Town. Train with USA Fit East Bay for any of these events.
Although the majority of our members will participate in the goal race (Oakland Marathon) some just join to run with the group for fitness or to meet new friends. You can also use this training for another spring season race, such as the Los Angeles Marathon which is also on March 24, 2019.
USA Fit East Bay's 20 week training program for both half and full marathon distance will begin Saturday, November 3rd, 2018 at 8am at Osage Park in Danville.
The program’s general format is as follows:
- Before each Saturday run, members will come together for the week’s announcements and to hear a short educational talk on key training topics designed to prepare runners for their goal race.
- Members participate in an organized training run each Saturday morning with runners of similar training paces.
- Our Saturday group runs are held at different east bay locations including many of the area’s beautiful paved trails. For variety, we meet weekly at different locations primarily in San Ramon, Danville, Dublin, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Concord, and Livermore.
- Members follow a schedule of mid-week training. This training is built with busy lifestyles in mind, so they keep members moving toward their goals while requiring only a moderate amount of time. Training schedules are posted each week on our website.
- As we progress throughout the training season and our Saturday runs get longer, we begin to start earlier to beat the heat of the day.
Click here to register online now. New member registration is $130.